We have created a comprehensive FAQ list to help our clients understand our services and how it works. If there are any questions that haven’t been answered then Contact Us. To use our FAQ page simply click on the question and the answer will be revealed.

General Questions

What Is Mobile Bar Hire?

Mobile bar hire is a service which provides temporary bars to events and generally includes all or some of the following elements - staffing, drinks, ice, glassware, mobile bars and equipment. Mobile bar hire in the UK, serves millions of guests every year.

What Events Do You Offer Your Services To?

We offer mobile bars and mobile cocktail bars to any type of event including corporate events, private events, weddings, brand activations and marketing activity, product launches, festivals and outdoor events.

What Areas Do You Cover?

Based in Oxford, The Cocktail Service deliver events all over the UK and Europe. If for any reason we cannot deliver our services in your area, we work with a number of partners all over the UK we can recommend.

Do You Only Do Mobile Bars?

The Cocktail Service are drinks specialists and as such we provide a range of services beyond mobile bars including cocktail photography, styling, cocktail creation, menu development, bar consultancy and training.

How Do I Hire A Mobile Bar?

Getting a quote is easy. We have a dedicated team of Event Planners who will guide you through the quote stage, answer your questions and build a quote tailored to your requirements and budget. The first step is to fill in our contact form, send an email or better still give us a call on 01865 251431.

Are Your Event Planners Experienced?

Our event planning team deal with hundreds of events annually and are highly experienced. We offer a personal service and plan all events alongisde our clients to ensure we meet their exact requirements. Our Event Planners are very creative and can guide you through any questions or ideas you have for your event.

How Do I Know You Will Turn Up?

We have been established since 2009 and have delivered over 5,000 events since then. Communication is vital to us and our event planners are always available by phone or email. If you have any concerns outside of office hours, then we have a member of our team available on an out of hours number, who oversees all logistics. At all times a member of our team or your event planner will be available.

Staffing Questions

Can I Just Hire Staff?

Although our full packages are our most popular option we also hire staff only to events. Staff hire is subject to a minimum five hour booking.

What Types Of Staff Do You Supply?

We hire all sorts of staff from cocktail bartenders, mixologists, standard bartenders, front of house staff, event managers, flair bartenders and model staff.

What is a Mixologist?

A mixologist is an industry term for a bartender trained in mixing and designing cocktails and other drinks. Mixologists are regarded as the most skilled bartenders in hospitality.

What Are Model Staff?

Model staff are exactly that, models from the fashion industry who work in events. We have some fantastic models on our books, who work as cocktail bartenders, standard bartenders or front of house staff at our events.

Are The Staff Reliable?

We work with the UK's best bartenders and events staff. All of our team go through extensive training, both practical and through our online training portal, on everything from etiquette to operational training, to ensure all of our events run smoothly. Our key pillar of training is around how staff conduct themselves around our clients and their guests to ensure the highest level of service in the industry.

Mobile Bar Questions

What Type Of Mobile Bars Do You Hire?

We have a large range of mobile bars that are available for hire. Our bars work for a number of different themed events and include mirror bars, circular bars, LED bars, antique bars and industrial bars. We can also brand our bars with company logos or designs (for which we will organise all artwork and print) Finally, for the truly bespoke, we can create custom bar frontages or bar builds. For more information please see our Bar Brochure and CLICK HERE.

What Size Are Your Mobile Bars?

Our bars come in all sorts of sizes. Typically they start in 1.5m or 2m sizing upwards. We have over 100m of bar in stock and can provide virtually any size required. Our event planners will advise the required size of bars based on your guest numbers.

Do Your Mobile Bars Require Power?

It depends. Any LED bars supplied, will require a 13amp power source. Similaryly if we are retailing with a till system and card reader, we will also require a power source. However, if there is no power available , don't worry, we can work without a power requirement, if needed.

Do Your Mobile Bars Require Water?

Ideally, we do require a source of water, although this doesn't need to be on the bar. If there is a standpipe or kitchen sink nearby then we can use water from there. If there is no water source onsite then please let us know in advance and we can supply.

Logistical Questions

How Many Guests Can You Cater For?

The Cocktail Service are the UK's most experienced event bar operator. As part of Eventuality Group our experience covers events, static venues and Bar Nation, a festival bar operator. As such we can deliver events to any scale or complexity, from 5 - 20,000 people.

How Long Do Events Take To Set Up?

This wholly depends on the size of the event in question and the access. However, as an average we usually allocate 2 hours for event set up.

Can You Set Up The Day Before The Event?

Usually, we set up and breakdown on the day of the event. However, if you require an earlier set up and later breakdown inform our Event Planners.

How Much Notice Do I Need To Give For An Event?

The Cocktail Service are the biggest event bar provider in the UK and deliver hundreds of events annually. As such we can usually accomodate last minute events although securing a booking at least one month before your event is advised to avoid disappointment.

Do I Need A License?

A license to serve alcohol is only required if you are planning to sell alcohol at your event. Generally, events venues will have a Premises License so there is no need to apply for a license. If no license is in place, a Temporary Events Notice will have to be applied for. This is easy to do and something The Cocktail Service can handle for you. As well as a PL or TENs license, a personal license holder will have to oversee the sale of alcohol, again The Cocktail Service will supply this if required. If you prepay for the mobile bar hire then no license is required.

Have You Worked In Historic Venues?

We have provided mobile bars for historic venues all over the UK and are prefered suppliers at many of the UK's most famous historic venues including Blenheim Palace. We are used to tight build and break times, protecting antique floors and walls and general good practice in these important historical venues.

Do You Have Any Other Operational Requirements

As a rule, we generally require a few additional elements to helps us deliver our events to a high standard. Good access is a must (we can advise on acess requirements) as well as a area "back of house" to store any additional boxes/stock to ensure the bars stay presentable to our clients. We will always advise clients during the planning process as to what additional operational requirements we have.

Drink Questions

What Drinks Can You Do?

We specialise in cocktails but offer every drink you may require. We publish a bespoke cocktail menu of house creations twice a year and can also create all the classics and custom cocktails for an event. Alongside cocktails, we also offer wines, beers (both bottled and draught), ciders, fizz and spirits.

Can You Create Bespoke Cocktails Or Drinks For My Event

Yes of course. We often create bespoke cocktails for our clients. We also offer many innovative drinks options from bespoke printed edible garnishes to beer bottles with your name or branding on them.

What Happens If We Run Out Of Alcohol?

As highly experienced mobile bar hire specialists we ensure all events are fully stocked and drinks will continue to flow. We always take 50% additional stock to what we forecast to ensure the drinks never run out at our events.

Can I Provide My Own Alcohol?

Although the majority of our clients prefer us to supply the drinks we do also deliver events for clients who provide their own alcohol. We can supply a shpping list to assist this.

Payment Questions

I Have Paid For A Set Time - Can I Extend It On The Day?

We do plan all events to the client brief including drink numbers, bar sizes, glassware types and staff hours. Of course we are able to increase staff hours on the day or allocate more drinks for your guests. All you have to do is request any increases with the event manager and then we will send an Extras Invoice post event.

What Is An Extras Invoice?

An Extras Invoice is a final post event invoice if our clients have requested additional drinks or service time on the day. We will never increase service time or allocated drinks unless requested by the event organiser.

What Are The Costs For Your Service?

Our service is completely bespoke, as we plan events to our clients brief so we don't have a fixed price. However, we want our services to be aceesable to all and offer three types of hire - Prepaid Mobile Bar Hire, Paid Mobile Bar Hire and Dry Hire. Click here to see more details on our bar hire options. These three options are offered so we can suit all budgets.

How Does Payment Work?

For our Pre Paid or Dry Hire service we take a 50% deposit to secure the booking. We then require the full balance 7 days prior to the event. For the Paid Bar service we take a £250 holding deposit which is refundable when the minimum spend is hit. Our preferred payment is BACS/IBAN but we also take all major credit and debit cards.

Are You VAT Registered?

Yes we are VAT Registered and charge VAT at the current rate on top of all quotes.

Health & Safety Questions

Do You Have A Hygiene Rating?

As we are classified as a catering business we do have a Hygiene Rating. We hold the top rating of 5 Star. To View this CLICK HERE.

Are You Insured?

We are fully insured with both Public and Employee Liability Insurance to the value of £10 million.

I Need a Risk Assessment - Can You Provide One?

We can provide any risk assessments or health and safety documentation you require. Please advise our event planners what documentation you require pre-event.

Can You Provide Personal License Holders?

We can provide personal license holders for our clients if required for a bar selling alcohol. All bars are governed by UK licensing law to have a personal license holder present when selling alcohol. If jobs are quoted and no alcohol is being retailed at the point of sale then no personal license is required. Click here to find out more.


 Have we answered your questions? We hope so. If you are now ready to get a quote or want to find out more from one of our event planners, then please click the contact us button below.